Psychiatric Medication Therapy
Dr. Foster has limited space for patients who require psychotherapy and medications. If you are interested in being evaluated for combination therapy, please call our office to ask about our free initial screenings. We will ask basic information to determine if you are a good candidate for this form of treatment and whether Dr. Foster is the best match for you.
Here are some of the questions you might be asked on the phone:
- Have you ever talked to a psychiatrist, psychologist, therapist, social worker, or counselor about an emotional problem?
- Have you ever felt you needed help with your emotional problems, or have people told you that you should get help for emotional problems?
- Have you ever attempted suicide?
- Have you ever been advised to take medication for anxiety, depression, hearing voices, or for any other emotional problem?
- Have you ever been seen in a psychiatric emergency room or been hospitalized for psychiatric reasons?
- Have you ever given in to an aggressive urge or impulse, on more than one occasion, that resulted in serious harm to others or led to the destruction of property?
- Have you ever had a period of time when you were so full of energy and your ideas came very rapidly, when you talked nearly non-stop, when you moved quickly from one activity to another, when you needed little sleep, and believed you could do almost anything?
Once you have been screened by phone, Dr. Foster will let you know whether you are a good fit for her skill set. If you are, and depending on her availability, she will schedule an evaluation appointment to obtain a fuller history. This is called an “Intake evaluation” Once the intake is completed, you will both know whether she can offer you the treatment you need. If she can not be of sufficient help, she will do her best to offer an appropriate referral.